Not Bridget Jones

I'm not sad. I'm not desperate. I'm not Bridget Jones.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How do you mend a broken heart?

When the person who broke your heart is still around?

Before I go any further, this is not a creepy stalking issue, so calm down!

He calls me every day. He tells me he loves me. He tells me that I'm the only one he wants. Today he expressed a desire for "quality time." He suggested theater or a museum. He asked what I wanted for Christmas.

And I just don't know. There are specific areas of our relationship that I was very unhappy with (like....posting a personal ad!). I want him to take responsibility for the actions, not to give me an excuse and the phrase "I'm flawed." That's not enough. None of it is.

I'm willing to give the friendship a chance, but anything more? It's not what I want. Not with these conditions. If he were to change, if we were to change, then maybe. But not right now.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger RusticateGirl said…

    I agree with you. He posted a personal ad for heaven's sake, so how are you supposed to have a normal relationship after that? There is someone out there who deserves you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


hits
see web stats